Much like other staples in our household, shredded chicken, Big F*ckin' Salads, and hard cooked eggs, this 6-Minute Crispy Skin Cast Iron Salmon is a weekly mainstay! Here's the best part, this Crispy Skin Cast Iron Salmon is ready in six minutes! You heard me – SIX!
If you dare tell me that you don't have time to make dinner, we will fully get into. I can promise you that. With delicious, nutrient-dense meals like this, ready in under 10 minutes, there are literally NO excuses. Grab the cast iron skillet, have some high quality, sustainably caught, skin-on salmon on hand, every week, choose some nice organic greens or another fiber-loaded green veggie and BOOM, in under 10 minutes you've got dinner. Easy.
Best part, wild caught salmon is an incredible source of quality omega-3 fatty acids. In our household we shoot to eat quality salmon or other omega-3 rich fatty fish, at least 3 times a week, I notice this makes a really big difference in my health, my skin looks better when I am on top of my omega-3 fats and I just feel better. And dang, it is truly so delicious!
As always, I am gonna preach what I always teach and that is quality matters. Seek out a sustainably fished, wild caught salmon. Not only is it better for your health, it's better for the environment and the earth! Don't skimp here. And the skin, lots of extra nutrients in there, so not only is it tasty AF, it's giving you some good stuff, too.
Things I want you to know about my Crispy Skin Cast Iron Salmon:
- It's basically the only way to eat salmon!
- If you've got the time, let the salmon filets rest in the fridge, uncovered, skin side up, to dry out the skin. 15 to 30 minutes ahead of cooking, an hour if you've got it. This makes a world of difference. Trust!
- Do not overcook your salmon, dry salmon sucks.
- Cast iron is where it's at. The cast iron gets hot and stays hot, evenly. I like to turn the heat off for those last couple of minutes of cooking on the other side, so it's not crazy hot, but there's no need to move the pan to the oven or broiler.
- Serve your salmon, crispy skin side up. If you take it out of the pan and serve skin side down, you broke it, the skin will lose that amazing crisp.